Definition of acquire
1. Locate (a moving entity) by means of a tracking system such as radar.
2. Gain knowledge or skills.
Children acquire language at an amazing rate.
3. Take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect.
4. Gain through experience.
5. Come into the possession of something concrete or abstract.
6. Win something through one's efforts.
7. Come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes).
© Wordnet 3.1 & Wiktionary - Combined dictionary for best results.
English - English - acquirev. buy, purchase; obtain, attain
English - Spanish - acquirev. adquirir, hacerse de, obtener, procurarse; contraer
English - French - acquirev. acquérir; obtenir
English - German - acquirev. anschaffen, erwerben
English - Italian - acquirev. entrare in possesso di, acquisire, acquistare; conseguire, raggiungere, procurarsi
English - Portuguese - acquirev. adquirir; conseguir
English - Russian - acquireг. купить, приобретать, получать; завести, заводить, нажить, обзаводиться; достигать, овладевать
English - Turkish - acquiref. kazanmak, elde etmek, edinmek, sonradan kazanmak
English - Dutch - acquireww. verwerven; verkrijgen
English - Greek - acquireρήμ. αποκτώ
English - Chinese - acquire(动) 获得, 取得; 养成; 学到; 捕获
English - Chinese - acquire(動) 獲得, 取得; 養成; 學到; 捕獲
English - Japanese - acquire(動) 買う; 習得する; 手に入れる
English - Korean - acquire동. 얻다, 취득하다; 매입하다
Popular terms#epiphany #separation of powers #creative #bellicose #narcotics #baseline #lodging #acquaintances #orange #dextrose
Synonyms for acquire1. achieve: accomplish
2. get: appropriate, attain, earn, gain, obtain, procure, secure
Verb forms for acquirePresent participle: acquiring
Present: acquire (3.person: acquires)
Future: will acquire
Present conditional: would acquire
Present Perfect: have acquired (3.person: has acquired)
Past Perfect: had acquired
Future Perfect: will have acquired
Past conditional: would have acquired