Definitions and translations for "act out"
Definition of act out
She's a street performer, so she acts out on Ninth Street.
2. To perform something specific.
1. Idiomatic To perform a scene from a play, a charade or an exercise.
Despite already being aware, he will be acting out the pretence of a surprise.
2. Idiomatic To perform a fantasy in reality.
I've wanted to do this for so long, but I never thought I could act it out.
3. To express internal feelings or thoughts.
3. To express one's feelings through disruptive actions.
I know you're angry, but you can't act out and break dishes like that.
4. To express ideas or desires through actions rather than words.
When her jaw was wired shut, she had acted out what she needed.
© Wordnet 3.1 & Wiktionary - Combined dictionary for best results.
v. act a part; pretend to be; play a certain role
English - English - act out
v. expresar, exteriorizar, representar
English - Spanish - act out
v. représenter, exprimer; jouer un certain rôle, prétendre être
English - French - act out
v. Auftreten, schauspielern; eine bestimmte Rolle spielen
English - German - act out
v. atuar; fingir; fazer certo papel em uma peça
English - Portuguese - act out
English - Russian - act out
f. dışa vurmak, davranışlarıyla ortaya koymak
English - Turkish - act out
English - Arabic - act out
(動) 芝居する; ふりをする; 役をつとめる
English - Japanese - act out
Popular terms#feminism #self righteous #coward #blizzard #nanotechnology #bankrupt #lunar #administered #ostomy #dia-