Definition of black book
1. Any of several books or documents of a political character, published at different times and for different purposes; so called either from the colour of the binding, or from the character of the contents.
1. A book compiled in the twelfth century, containing a description of the court of exchequer of England, an official statement of the revenues of the crown, etc.
2. A book containing details of the enormities practiced in the English monasteries and religious houses, compiled by order of their visitors under Henry VIII, to hasten their dissolution.
3. A book of admiralty law, of the highest authority, compiled in the reign of Edward III.
4. A book kept for the purpose of registering the names of persons liable to censure or punishment, as in the English universities, or the English armies.
5. Any book dealing with necromancy.
© Wordnet 3.1 & Wiktionary - Combined dictionary for best results.
English - English - black bookblack list, list of undesirable people
English - Spanish - black books. lista negra (f)
English - French - black bookliste noire, liste des gens indésirables, liste de personnes que l'on hait
English - German - black bookschwarze Liste
English - Indonesian - black bookn. buku yg berisi nama-nama orang yg tdk disukai
English - Portuguese - black books. lista negra (f)
English - Russian - black bookчерный список
English - Turkish - black bookkara listedekilerin kayıtlı olduğu defter.
English - Dutch - black bookzwarte boek,zwarte lijst
English - Chinese - black book黑名册; 可疑人物册
English - Chinese - black book黑名冊; 可疑人物冊
Popular terms#facade #demand #irate #execution #selective breeding #electromagnetic radiation #respond #diathesis #sparring #kinase