beat in Chinese and example sentences
beat in Chinese
(动) 打, 敲, 击; 拍打; 冲击; 扑动, 跳动; 打, 敲, 击; 冲击; 吹打; 拍打
(形) 筋疲力尽的; 大吃一惊的; 垂头丧气的
beat in Chinese
(動) 打, 敲, 擊; 拍打; 衝擊; 撲動, 跳動; 打, 敲, 擊; 衝擊; 吹打; 拍打
(形) 筋疲力盡的; 大吃一驚的; 垂頭喪氣的
Don't beat around the bush.
Few things are more enraging to me than the sight of an animal being beaten.
He was beaten to within an inch of his life.
He won't beat me.
He'll never beat me.
I beat him at chess.
I felt my heart beating rapidly.
I felt my heart beating violently.
I'll beat you up!
Ken beat me at chess.
Let's not beat around the bush! I'm pregnant, and you're the baby's father.
My heart began to beat fast.
My heart stopped beating.
The color red is beautiful, but it can't beat blue.
The rescue worker beat the area, looking for the child.
The victim had been beaten up and left for dead.
They beat the dog to a pulp.
We need to band together to beat the enemy.
Synonyms for beat1. rhythm: throb, pulsation, cadence, vibration, tick, measure
2. tired: weary, bushed, worn out, fatigued
3. blow: strike, stroke, hit, thump, punch
4. patrol: post, walk, precinct
5. strike: hit, batter, punch, cudgel, knock, pound, buffet
6. conquer: defeat, vanquish, rout, trounce, win, outdo, surpass
7. forge: break, hammer, stamp, pound
8. pulsate: palpitate, pound, throb, thump, vibrate, flutter
Verb forms for beatPresent participle: beating
Present: beat (3.person: beats)
Future: will beat
Present conditional: would beat
Present Perfect: have beat (3.person: has beat)
Past Perfect: had beat
Future Perfect: will have beat
Past conditional: would have beat