overthrow in Japanese and example sentences
overthrow in Japanese
(名) 征服; 廃位; 打倒; 敗北; 暴投
Among the people of the colonies suffering under Earth's tyranny a force emerges intending to overthrow the status quo through terrorism.
The government was overthrown.
The ruler was overthrown and banished from the country.
Synonyms for overthrow1. destruction: defeat, demolition, dispersion, rout, ruin
2. deposition: displacement, fall
3. conquer: overrun, crush, defeat, master, overcome, overpower, overwhelm
4. upset: overturn, overset, topple, tumble
5. destroy: demolish, eradicate, exterminate, level, terminate, raze, abolish
6. run: destroy, ruin, subvert
Verb forms for overthrowPresent participle: overthrowing
Present: overthrow (3.person: overthrows)
Future: will overthrow
Present conditional: would overthrow
Present Perfect: have overthrown (3.person: has overthrown)
Past Perfect: had overthrown
Future Perfect: will have overthrown
Past conditional: would have overthrown