Definition of fellowship
1. A company of people that share the same interest or aim.
2. A feeling of friendship, relatedness or connection between people.
3. A merit-based scholarship.
4. A temporary position at an academic institution with limited teaching duties and ample time for research; this may also be called a postdoc.
5. A period of supervised, sub-specialty medical training in the United States and Canada that a physician may undertake after completing a specialty training program or residency.
6. Spiritual communion with a divine being.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. (2 Corinthians 13:14, ESV))
7. To admit to fellowship, enter into fellowship with; to make feel welcome by showing friendship or building a cordial relationship. Now only in religious use.
The Bishop's family fellowshipped the new converts.
The Society of Religious Snobs refused to fellowship the poor, immigrant family.
8. To join in fellowship; to associate with. Now only in religious use, and chiefly U.S.
The megachurch he attends is too big for making personal connections, so he also fellowships weekly in one of the church's small groups.
After she got married, she stopped fellowshipping with the singles in our church.
© Wordnet 3.1 & Wiktionary - Combined dictionary for best results.
English - English - fellowshipn. association, society; brotherhood; companionship; position of fellow (at a university); research grant
English - Spanish - fellowships. camaradería, compañerismo, compañía, comunión, confraternidad; beca
English - French - fellowshipn. association, compagnie; fraternité; camaraderie; collégialité; bourse de recherche
English - German - fellowshipn. Kameradschaft, Freundschaft, Gemeinschaft; Stellung eines Akademiemitglieds; Gesellschaft
English - Italian - fellowships. comunanza, fraternità; amicizia, cameratismo, fratellanza; associazione, società; (Univ) associazione dei membri di un college; grado di membro interno; borsa di studio
English - Portuguese - fellowships. companhia; sociedade; camaradagem; bolsa de estudos; participação de lucros e perdas
English - Russian - fellowshipс. братство, общество, товарищество; компания, корпорация; соучастие, участие, членство, чувство товарищества
English - Turkish - fellowshipi. arkadaşlık, duygu paylaşımı, halden anlama, dernek, birlik, üniversite bursu
English - Dutch - fellowshipzn. genootschap; broederschap; (wetenschappelijk) ambt, betrekking; beurs (v. doctoraal assistent)
English - Greek - fellowshipουσ. συναδελφότητα, συντροφιά, υφηγεσία, αδελφότης, υποτροφία, αδελφότητα, αλληλεγγύη
English - Chinese - fellowship(名) 团体, 友谊, 奖学金
English - Chinese - fellowship(名) 團體, 友誼, 獎學金
English - Japanese - fellowship(名) 仲間, 交友; 友情; 団体; 特別奨学金（大学の）; 調査の奨励金
English - Korean - fellowship명. 단체, 조합, 회, 모임; 형제애; 동지애, 친교; 동료, 친구; 연구비
Popular terms#prose #assault #bearing #salacious #eating disorder #propulsion #degenerative #SAN #exclave #word wrap
Synonyms for fellowship1. club: brotherhood, fraternity, organisation, organization, association, alliance, corporation, gang
2. friendly intercourse: camaraderie, comradeship, affability, association, communion, fraternity
3. endowment: scholarship, grant, stipend, subsidy, honorarium
Verb forms for fellowshipPresent participle: fellowshiping
Present: fellowship (3.person: fellowships)
Future: will fellowship
Present conditional: would fellowship
Present Perfect: have fellowshiped (3.person: has fellowshiped)
Past Perfect: had fellowshiped
Future Perfect: will have fellowshiped
Past conditional: would have fellowshiped