Definition of presence
1. The fact or condition of being present, or of being within sight or call, or at hand.
Any painter can benefit from the presence of a live model from which to draw.
2. The part of space within one's immediate vicinity.
Bob never said anything about it in my presence.
3. A quality of poise and effectiveness that enables a performer to achieve a close relationship with his audience.
Despite being less than five foot, she filled up the theatre with her stage presence.
4. Something (as a spirit) felt or believed to be present.
I'm convinced that there was a presence in that building that I can't explain, which led to my heroic actions.
5. A company's business activity in a particular market.
6. The state of being closely focused on the here and now, not distracted by irrelevant thoughts
7. To make or become present.
© Wordnet 3.1 & Wiktionary - Combined dictionary for best results.
English - English - presencen. attendance, state of being at hand; outward appearance, air, demeanor
n. presence, attendance
English - Spanish - presences. presencia, acudimiento, asistencia, comparición; representatividad
English - French - presencen. présence; air, mine, extérieur
English - German - presencen. Anwesenheit; Erscheinen
English - Italian - presences. presenza; persona di nobile aspetto; persona che conta; figura
English - Portuguese - presences. presença; aparecimento
English - Russian - presenceс. присутствие, общество, наличие, соседство, непосредственная близость, осанка, внешний вид, явка
English - Turkish - presencei. huzur, hazır bulunma, varlık, varoluş, tavır, yapı, ön, protokol görevlileri
English - Dutch - presencezn. aanwezigheid, tegenwoordigheid, audientie, bijzijn, voorkomen, uiterlijk, presentie
English - Greek - presenceουσ. παρουσία, παρουσιαστικό
English - Chinese - presence(名) 出席, 存在, 到场
English - Chinese - presence(名) 出席, 存在, 到場
English - Japanese - presence(名) 存在; 出席; 面前
English - Korean - presence명. 존재, 출석; 태도, 자태
Popular terms#prohibition #commonwealth #anecdotes #merchandising #antithetical #Jo #Waterloo #negligee #corsage #typographical