Definition of tabard
1. A silk banner attached to a bugle or trumpet.
2. A woman's or girl's sleeveless jerkin or loose overgarment.
3. A sleeveless garment made of coarse cloth formerly worn outdoors by the common people.
4. A cape or tunic worn by a knight, emblazoned with the coat of arms of his king or queen on the front.
5. A similar garment officially worn by a herald and emblazoned with his sovereign's coat of arms.
© Wordnet 3.1 & Wiktionary - Combined dictionary for best results.
English - English - tabardn. short heavy cloak; loose outer garment worn by a knight; garment worn by a herald and decorated with his master's coat of arms
n. tabard, short heavy cloak; loose outer garment worn by a knight; garment worn by a herald and decorated with his master's coat of arms
English - Spanish - tabards. tabardo
English - French - tabardn. tabard, manteau court et ample porté sur l'armure au Moyen-Age
English - German - tabardn. Heroldsrock, Wappenrock
English - Italian - tabards. (Stor) cotta d'arme; tabarro
English - Portuguese - tabards. tabardo, capote de mangas curtas e capuz
English - Russian - tabardс. плащ, камзол герольда
English - Turkish - tabardi. cüppe
English - Ukrainian - tabardn. костюм герольда
French - English - tabard(m) n. tabard, short heavy cloak; loose outer garment worn by a knight; garment worn by a herald and decorated with his master's coat of arms
English - Dutch - tabardzn. kort jasje
English - Greek - tabardουσ. ταμπάρο, χλαμύς
English - Arabic - tabardسترة قصيرة
English - Chinese - tabard(名) 粗呢大衣; 信号旗; 短袖外衣
English - Chinese - tabard(名) 粗呢大衣; 信號旗; 短袖外衣
English - Hindi - tabardn. टैबर्ड
English - Japanese - tabard(名) タバード, 短くて重い外套着, 陣羽織; 騎士の着る上着; 紋章入りの伝令官の服
English - Korean - tabard명. 소매 없는 느슨한 상의, 전령사가 입던 문장 관복, 문장이 든 겉옷
English - Vietnamese - tabardn. áo choàng ngoài của kỵ sĩ
Popular terms#Eos #timeously #gumshoe #sharpness #humane society #videlicet #economic problems #shawm #freightliner #gala affair