Definition of business
I was left my father's business.
2. A person's occupation, work, or trade.
He is in the motor business.
3. Commercial, industrial, or professional activity.
We do business all over the world.
4. The volume or amount of commercial trade.
Business has been slow lately.
5. One's dealings; patronage.
6. Private commercial interests taken collectively.
8. A particular situation or activity.
Our principal business here is to get drunk.
Let's get down to business.
10. Something involving one personally.
That's none of your business.
11. Matters that come before a body for deliberation or action.
14. The collective noun for a group of ferrets.
15. Something very good; top quality. (possibly from "the bee's knees")
These new phones are the business!
16. Excrement, particularly that of a non-human animal.
17. Of, to, pertaining to or utilized for purposes of conducting trade, commerce, governance, advocacy or other professional purposes.
© Wordnet 3.1 & Wiktionary - Combined dictionary for best results.
I love to travel, but as I run my own business, I cannot travel frequently.
Well, actually it is a small family business: a restaurant.
My husband has his own business of car buying and selling, and he has shops in various counties.
First of all, you had the whole etiquette and protocol associated with the business world, which doesn’t resemble the occidental one at all!
He plans to go to university and continue business studies.
My husband has his own business of trading cars, and he has various shops in different counties.
He also loves design and business.
He runs his own food business, ‘Eureka’.
For example, giving or receiving a business card from somebody needs to be done using both hands.
Today, many businesses use his face and website for advertising.